The Australian and NSW Governments are upgrading the Macquarie Park bus interchange to improve public transport in the area.
NOV 2020Project update
We are progressing our plans to upgrade the bus interchange at Macquarie Park. We will ask the community for feedback in early 2021 on our proposed bus interchange improvements.
Subscribe for Macquarie Park updates
Each week day, approximately 1440 buses and 10,700 bus passengers use the Macquarie Park bus interchange, located on Herring Road between the Macquarie University and the Macquarie Centre.
To cater for the future growth of the area, we need to upgrade the bus interchange. We are working on a proposal to increase the capacity of the bus interchange, improve bus customers' connection to the Macquarie University Metro Station and optimise bus operations, which will reduce travel times and delays for bus customers.
- Improve the reliability of bus services and reduce travel time.
- Improve traffic flow around Macquarie Park.
- Ease congestion and improve travel times for all road users during peak periods.
- Improve pedestrian safety by providing new and improved crossing facilities across a number of busy roads.
- Cater for future growth in bus services.
- Improve connections between bus services and the metro stations.
- Help make Macquarie Park an even better place to live, work and study.
We will ask the community for feedback in early 2021 on our proposed bus interchange improvements.
We will continue working on our proposal and will ask the community for feedback in early 2021 on our proposed bus interchange improvements.
For further information please contact our project team:
Phone: 1800 565 902
Mail: Macquarie Park Precinct, PO Box 973, Parramatta, NSW 2124