Large towed recreational vehicle toll rebate

Rebates on tolls are available for large caravans, boat trailers and horse floats.

Reduce the cost of your recreational travel

The rebate applies only to vehicles towing a caravan, boat trailer or horse float.

Drivers towing caravans, boats and horse floats with a total combined length of the car and the towed vehicle greater than 12.5 metres or more than 2.8m high are eligible for cheaper tolls on Sydney's motorways.


The scheme applies to all of Sydney's toll roads, with the exception of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Harbour Tunnel which has a single toll for all vehicles.

The scheme also applies to motorways that have opened to traffic recently, including NorthConnex and the WestConnex M5 East/M8.

The rebate is capped at eight tolled trips per monthly billing period.

Register for the Scheme

Registration for the Scheme is through your toll tag provider.

How much is the rebate?

The rebate is the difference between the Class B and the Class A toll and will be available for private use vehicles only. This will bring the cost of travelling on a toll road in line with cars for these types of vehicles.

The rebate is capped at 8 toll trips per monthly billing period.

Who is eligible to claim the rebate?

To be eligible for the rebate, you must:

  • Be registered for the rebate
  • Be a NSW resident
  • Have both the car and towed recreational vehicle registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
  • Have travelled on a NSW toll road with a car, caravan, boat, or horse float combination detected as a Class B vehicle, and had a Class B toll charged to your toll account
  • Have paid Class B tolls with your NSW issued electronic tag
  • Have paid the toll in full
  • Claim your rebate within 12 months after you receive your toll statement.

Note: The Rebate Scheme is not available for your motorhome toll road trips.

How do I claim the rebate?

To claim the rebate:

  • You must be registered with your toll tag provider for the recreational vehicle rebate
  • You can submit your claim online when you receive your toll statement via your account provider. Simply login to your Toll account and select "Claim Online" and follow the instructions. If you have any difficulty in submitting your claim online, contact your toll provider for assistance (Linkt 13 33 31, E-Toll 13 18 65) or contact the Transport for NSW Service Centre on 1300 133 310.

Note: Claims will be paid in accordance with your Cashback cycle. Please refer to your toll statement and terms and conditions for your Cashback cycle information.

Rebates will be paid directly into your nominated bank account.

How do I set up a toll account?

A range of tag and pass products are available through different providers.

Share this page: