Renew your permit

We'll send you a renewal notice about 6 weeks before your permit expires.

Make sure you renew your permit before your old one expires.

To renew, you must:

  1. Download, print and fill out the Mobility Parking Scheme application form. You can also get a copy of this form from any service centre.
  2. Where applicable, get the medical report and/or the medical certificate section of the form completed by your doctor to confirm that you are eligible, UNLESS you have a Clinically Recognised Disability and we have this recorded in our system.
  3. Submit your completed application form with proof of your identity either:
    1. online on the Service NSW website
    2. in person at any service centre

The permit is free for eligible concession card holders. Check mobility parking fees and concessions for details.

Your new permit will be posted to you within 10 business days. You can't park in disabled spaces or access parking concessions until you have your new permit.

Returning your old permit card

Once you receive your new card, you must return your old permit card to one of the following:

  • A service centre
  • Post it to Transport for NSW, Drives Assurance, PO Box 3035, Parramatta NSW 2124

You will be issued with a heavy fine if you do not return or continue to display an invalid, expired or damaged card.

Proving your identity

To prove who you are, you need to provide:

  • A NSW photo driver licence. This needs to be current, or expired for less than 2 years.

  • Two identity documents - one from List 1 and one from List 2.

To submit your application at a service centre in person, all documents must be original, and written in English. If not written in English, the document must have an acceptable translation. See Proving your identity for detailed information about identity documents.

Changed your name or other personal details?

See Changing your personal details for information.

Renewing for someone else

If you’re a carer for a person with a disability, you can renew their permit on their behalf.

If you’re renewing on behalf of another person, you’ll need to provide your own proof of identity as well as theirs.


Mobility Parking Scheme permit cards are similar to driver licences, with all of the same security features, including a photo of the permit holder. These features help prevent the misuse of permits.

If you already have a photo in our system, you may be able to use that photo, or you can chose to have a new one taken.

Photo exemptions

People under 16 do not have to have a photo on their permit.

The photo requirement may be waived for people who suffer from facial disfigurement, and for people with disabilities so severe that they cannot go to a service centre in person. In both cases, you need to provide a supporting letter from a medical doctor.

To request a photo exemption, you need:

  • Letter requesting the exemption
  • Completed application form
  • Supporting letter from a medical doctor.

Post all of these documents to:

DRIVES Assurance
Transport for NSW
PO Box 3035
Parramatta NSW 2124

If we approve your application, we’ll send you a letter of exemption. You or your representative must take this letter to the service centre when you apply for or renew your permit.

Share this page: