Mobility permits for motorcycles and convertibles

Find out how to apply for a mobility parking permit for a motorcycle, motor tricycle or convertible.

How to get a mobility parking motorcycle permit

If you're eligible for the Mobility Parking Scheme, you can apply a permit for an open style vehicle like a motorcycle, motor tricycle or convertible sports car.

To get a permit the vehicle must be registered either in your name or in both your name and your partner's name.

To apply:

  1. Download, print and fill out the Mobility Parking Scheme application form. You can also get a copy of this form from any service centre.
  2. Get the medical certificate section of the form completed by your doctor, to confirm you are eligible.
  3. Submit your completed application form with proof of your identity either:
    1. online on the Service NSW website
    2. in person at any service centre

The permit is free for eligible concession card holders. Check mobility parking fees and concessions for details.

If your application is approved, your new permit will be posted to you within 10 business days. You can't park in disabled spaces or access parking concessions until you have your permit.

The permit will have the number plate of your motorcycle or convertible on it. You will also be sent an Australian Disability Parking Permit if you don't already have one.

Displaying the permit on your motorcycle

Your permit must be displayed in a spot where it can be clearly seen. The side marked 'Display this side' must be showing at all times.

You can permanently fix the permit to your motorcycle so it is secure. You can only use the permit on the vehicle that matches the number plate listed on the card.

To get a parking concession you must display both your NSW mobility parking and your Australian Disability Parking permits.

Related sections

Share this page: