Am I eligible for a permit?
To qualify for a Mobility Parking Scheme permit you must be a resident of NSW and have a disability as defined by legislation.
This means someone who:
- Is unable to walk due to the permanent or temporary loss or use of one or both legs
- Is unable to walk because of other permanent medical or physical condition
- Is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres
- Needs to use crutches, a walking frame, callipers, scooter, wheelchair or other similar mobility aid.
Permits are also issued to people who are permanently blind, as defined by:
- Visual acuity on the Snellen Scale after correction by suitable lenses must be less than 6/60 in both eyes, or
- Constriction to within 10 degrees of fixation in the better eye irrespective of corrected visual acuity, or
- A combination of visual defects in the same degree of visual impairment as that occurring in points 1 or 2.