Your gender details
If the gender currently recorded on your NSW licence or photo card has changed, let us know so we can update your details.
Updating your gender details
Keeping your records up to date makes it a smoother process to renew or replace a licence or photo card issued by Transport for NSW.
- birth certificate showing your gender
- a List 1 document showing your gender
- Recognised Details Certificate that states your gender, issued by NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (or similar interstate authority)
- medical certificate confirming your gender, from an Australian registered medical practitioner. Gender reassignment surgery is not essential. However you should be receiving, or have already received, clinical treatment for transition to a new gender
- medical certificate confirming your gender from the surgeon or clinic where the gender reassignment surgery happened.
If you've also changed your name, see what other documents you need to bring with you.