The NSW Government is upgrading the intersection of Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street to ease congestion, reduce travel times and improve safety for road users. The intersection upgrade will also complement the upgrade of the M4 Western Motorway Church Street off-ramp, which was completed in December 2019.
About 33,100 vehicles travel on Woodville Road every day, while more than 23,000 vehicles travel along Parramatta Road, including more than 5,000 heavy vehicle movements. The intersection also clears thousands of vehicles exiting the M4 Western Motorway via the Church Street off-ramp.
Much of the intersection’s congestion is caused by conflicts between through traffic and turning traffic. The intersection will be upgraded with additional lanes, including dedicated through and turn lanes, to ease congestion, improve travel times and journey reliability for road users.
Work to upgrade the intersection is being funded by the NSW and Australian Governments as part of the plan to stimulate the economy as it recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upgrades to the Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street intersection include:
- an additional right-turn lane from Woodville Road onto Parramatta Road
- an additional through lane from Parramatta Road (westbound) onto the M4 Western Motorway
- a dedicated right-turn bay from Woodville Road onto Crescent Street
- an extended left turn bay from Woodville Road 4 onto the M4 Western Motorway.
Upgrades to the M4 motorway off-ramp at Church Street include:
- extending the left turn lane from the off-ramp onto Church Street for Parramatta bound traffic
- creating a third right turn lane from the off-ramp onto Church Street before Woodville Road and Parramatta Road bound traffic
- Additional works are also planned for Church Street westbound on-ramp.
Upgrades to the Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street intersection, and the M4 Western Motorway off-ramp at Church Street, as well as additional works to Church Street westbound on-ramp, will ease congestion, reduce travel times and improve safety for road users.
Community benefits include:
- improved traffic flow at the intersection, and at the Church Street westbound on-ramp and M4 off-ramp towards Church Street and Woodville and Parramatta Roads.
- reduced travel times for local residents and commuters
- improved safety for road users.
Work is continuing on intersection improvements at Woodville Road, Church Street and Parramatta Road, Holroyd and Granville.
We will continue to keep the community informed as the project progresses.
|November 2021 project update||410Kb|
|October 2021 project update||284Kb|
February 2021 project update
Intersection upgrade work is underway at the intersection of Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street
November 2020 start of work notification
Intersection upgrade work is underway at the intersection of Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street.
February 2020 community update
Investigation work at Woodville Road, Parramatta Road and Church Street, Granville.
August 2019 community update
Extending work hours for M4 Exit Ramp in Granville from Friday 16 August 2019.
June 2019 community update
Work starting on M4 Exit Ramp in Granville from11 June 2019.
July 2018 community update
Investigation work on Woodville Road and Church Street, Granville, from Monday 30 July 2018.
|Stimulus green light for Woodville Road intersection upgrade - 16 November 2020||24.8Kb|
If you have any questions about the project, please contact our delivery partner, Ward Civil and Environmental Engineering:
Phone: 1800 897 841 (24 hours)