The Western Region is a geographically vast and diverse region with a broad spectrum of population density and transport needs, with our boundaries stretching from Boggabilla in the north to West Wyalong in the south, as far west as Broken Hill and east to Springwood in the Blue Mountains. West currently accounts for 60% of NSW, and is a hive of activity, achieving significant progress in a number of major projects across the region.
From duplicating the highway in our densely populated regions of the Blue Mountains and Bathurst, to connecting the states most remote town of Tibooburra which is 330km from the nearest town, with the sealing of the Silver City Highway. Our projects are vast and have been planned with future needs of the population in mind.
Current major projects in Western Region
- $2.5 billion - Great Western Highway upgrade Katoomba to Lithgow
- $500 million - Newell Highway upgrade (includes: Newell Highway Program Alliance, Parkes Bypass and Coonabarabran Bypass)
- $276 million - Building a Better Dubbo projects
- $203 million - Newell Highway upgrade Mungle Back Creek to Boggabilla
- $195 million - Cobb and Silver City Highway upgrade
- $50 million - Mitchell Highway Bathurst to Orange
- $45 million - Great Western Highway upgrade Kelso to Raglan
- $34.2 million - Pooncarie Road
- $26.4 million - Kamilaroi Highway safety upgrade Baan Baa to Turrawan
View or download a larger version of the map (JPG, 1.06Mb).
|11 May 2021 - Community invited to learn more about the new Crossley bridge||48.02Kb|
Phone: 1800 167 499