Transport for NSW will be upgrading Wall Park Avenue to improve road safety and traffic flow. Road changes will include new 'No Stopping' zones and bus zones to help ease congestion.
Transport proposed changes to on-street parking on the north and south end of Wall Park Avenue. The proposal also included the suggestion to convert existing bus stops to bus zones. These changes would ensure that kerbside lanes are free at critical points and address concerns about parked cars along the street.
This proposal was presented to the community in December 2018 to gather feedback before any works began.
The key features of the project include:
- Installing 'No Stopping' restrictions along Wall Park Avenue on Monday to Friday from 6.00am-10.00am and 3.00pm-7.00pm
- Changing bus stops to bus zones
- Changing school time parking restrictions to 'No Stopping' zones during peak times
- Installing a 'No Stopping' zone full-time near the intersections of Wall Park Avenue/Blacktown Road and Wall Park Avenue/Prospect Highway
- Installing a 'No Stopping' zone full-time on both sides of the vertical crest curve on Wall Park Avenue
The key benefits to the community include:
- Improved traffic flow along Wall Park Avenue with 'No Stopping' zones at key points along the road and during peak hour traffic
- Providing better access for buses at bus stops with safer access points for bus users getting on and off
- Reducing the risk of crashes by improving the line of sight for vehicles exiting driveways
Transport invited the community and stakeholders to provide feedback on the proposal during December 2018. A community consultation report (PDF, 1.29Mb) was developed in April 2019 to summarise the comments received and our responses.
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to review the proposal and provide feedback.
The final works will involve new signposts down Wall Park Avenue. We are in the preliminary stage of organising a project team to complete this and final delivery is expected during 2020.
We will keep the community updated as new information is available
April 2020 community consultation report
Proposed improvements along Wall Park Avenue, Seven Hills.
For more information please contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 332 660