Transport for NSW is planning Stage 2 of Spring Farm Parkway to complete the key east-west link between the suburbs of Menangle Park and Spring Farm to support the Greater Macarthur Growth Area.
Spring Farm Parkway is comprised of two stages. Stage 1 is currently in the final phase of design preparation for construction. Work on Stage 2 has just started with investigations to prepare design options.
What are the next steps?
- Preliminary site investigations
- Strategic design and options - WE ARE HERE
- Community comments on strategic design
- Concept design and environment assessment
- Submissions report
- Project determination
- Detailed design
- Start of construction
Spring Farm Parkway is a proposed east-west arterial road located within Sydney’s south west, 11km south of Campbelltown and 70km from Sydney CBD.
Stage 2 of Spring Farm Parkway is about three kilometres long and would link Camden Bypass with Stage 1 of the Parkway. This would provide access to the Hume Motorway and Menangle Road and would provide another east-west link in addition to Narellan Road.
The NSW Government has committed $16 million for the design and development of Spring Farm Parkway Stage 2.
Spring Farm Parkway will support urban growth in the area by providing a connection for access to surrounding future residential and industrial developments within the Greater Macarthur Growth Area.
- Connects communities to the State road network and caters for residential growth
- Provides a key east-west connection for residents within the Greater Macarthur Growth Area
- Supports employment growth by providing road access connection to the Hume Motorway and Campbelltown
- Improves travel time reliability and efficiency for road users
- Provides necessary infrastructure for future public transport modes
- New four lane road would complete the east-west connection between the Camden Bypass, Hume Motorway and Menangle Road
- Shared user paths for pedestrians and cyclists
- Improved flood protection
- Kerb and gutter along the entire route
- Traffic lights at key intersections
- Access to additional land release areas
For more information please contact the Spring Farm Parkway Stage 2 project team:
Phone: 1800 325 146