Transport for NSW is proposing to upgrade the intersection of Silverwater Road and Holker Street, Silverwater to ease congestion, improve travel times and safety for all road users.
JUN 2022Community consultation is now closed
Community consultation on proposed intersection upgrades to Silverwater Road and Holker Street at Silverwater has now closed.More information
The community was invited to provide feedback by Sunday 29 May 2022 at 5pm.
Transport for NSW would like to thank everyone who provided feedback during this time.
We are now reviewing all feedback. Once completed a consultation report will be published and made available on the project webpage to view or download.
Anyone who provided feedback will be notified once the consultation report has been published. If you did not provide feedback, but would like to receive project updates, please contact our project team at email@example.com and request to be added to our project update e-distribution list.
For further information on what we propose to do, and how it will benefit the community, please view or download the May 2022 project notification (PDF, 934Kb).
MAY 2022Have your say on proposed intersection improvements
Transport for NSW is inviting public feedback on the proposed intersection upgrade to Silverwater Road and Holker Street at Silverwater.More information
The community is invited to provide feedback until Sunday 29 May 2022 at 5pm.
We are inviting feedback by:
- calling our project team on 1800 979 577 (during business hours)
- emailing our project team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to our project team at
Silverwater Road and Holker Street intersection upgrade
Central River City
Transport for NSW
Level 11, 130 George Street
PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
For further information on what we propose to do, and how it will benefit the community, please view or download the May 'have your say' community notification (PDF, 993Kb).
We will use feedback from community members and stakeholders to further develop the proposal.
Each day, around 47,600 vehicles travel through the intersection at Silverwater Road and Holker Street at Silverwater, resulting in congestion during the weekday AM and PM peak periods.
Transport for NSW is proposing to improve traffic flow and safety at this intersection by widening sections of Silverwater Road and Holker Street and adding dedicated turning lanes on both roads.
The proposed design will help to ease congestion, improve travel times and safety for all road users.
Key benefits of the proposed upgrade include:
- reduced congestion and queuing for motorists on Silverwater Road southbound by adding an additional left turn lane onto Holker Street
- reduced congestion and queuing for motorists on Holker Street westbound by adding an additional right turn lane onto Silverwater Road
- increased capacity on Holker Street by extending the existing left turn and through lane for motorists travelling westbound
- improved through traffic flow on Silverwater Road for motorists travelling southbound
- improved travel times
- improved road safety.
Key features of the proposed upgrade include:
- widening Silverwater Road on the southbound approach to provide an additional left turn lane into Holker Street
- widening Holker Street on the westbound approach to provide an additional right turn lane into Silverwater Road northbound, and an extended through and left turn lane into Silverwater Road southbound
- upgrading the existing traffic lights
- repositioning one bus stop on Silverwater Road and two bus stops on Holker Street
- adjusting utilities, street lighting, drainage, signage, and road marking and adjusting footpaths.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, Transport for NSW is carrying out consultation in different ways to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the community can have their say.
The community was invited to attend an online information session via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 12 May at 4:00pm.
During the session the project team explained the proposed upgrade and answered questions that the community had.
Please view the information session video.
Transport for NSW is carefully considering all feedback received. A consultation report which summarises community and stakeholder feedback, and Transport for NSW responses, will be published later this year on the project webpage.
We will continue to keep community members and stakeholders informed as planning progresses by community notifications and updates to the project webpage.
If you would like to receive project updates direct to your email, please email email@example.com and we will add you to our mailing list.
We will continue to keep the community and stakeholders informed as the proposal progresses through community notifications and updates to the project webpage.
Subscribe to our email distribution list by emailing the project team on firstname.lastname@example.org so you can receive timely updates and notifications to your email.
For further information on this project please contact the project team by:
Phone: 1800 979 577 (during business hours)