The NSW Government has committed over $825 million to pinch point projects which ease congestion, reduce traffic delays and improve travel times on Sydney's major roads.
JUN 2018Upgrade complete
Roads and Maritime Services has completed the upgrade at Rooty Hill Road North and Luxford Road.
We appreciate your patience while we delivered this important project. Please view or download the June 2018 project update (PDF, 119Kb).
The NSW Government funded this upgraded as part of its $225 million Pinch Point Program which aims to reduce delays, manage congestion and improve travel times on Sydney’s major roads, particularly during weekday peak periods.
Rooty Hill Road North had been identified as a pinch point because the northern approach of the intersection of Rooty Hill Road North was a frequently used right turn movement which caused congestion and delays.
The key benefits to the community include:
- Improving traffic flow on Rooty Hill Road North and Luxford Road
- Reducing congestion and improve travel times
- Improving safety for pedestrians crossing Luxford Road.
Completed work include:
- modifying through and right turn lane enabling dual right turns onto Luxford Road
- adjusting median to create an additional right turn lane into Rooty Hill Road North
- installing left turn slip lane from Luxford Road onto Rooty Hill Road North
- creating a new traffic island on Luxford Road to accommodate a signalised pedestrian crossing
- installing new kerbs and footpaths.
For further information about this project contact:
Phone: 1800 332 660 or