Transport for NSW proposing to upgrade the intersection of Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road, in Carlingford to ease congestion, improve travel times and safety for all road users.
Over 12,000 vehicles are using the intersection between Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road during the AM and PM peaks, resulting in congestion.
Transport for NSW proposes to improve traffic flow and safety at this intersection by widening sections of Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road to provide additional turning lanes at the intersection.
Key proposal benefits include:
- improved traffic flow and performance at the intersection
- improved travel time savings for all road users, particularly during AM and PM peaks
- improved road safety.
Key features of the proposed intersection upgrade include:
- provision of an additional westbound right turn lane from Carlingford Road onto Pennant Hills Road northbound
- provision of a new left turn slip lane from Rembrandt Street onto Carlingford Road
- conversion of the existing northbound bus lane on Pennant Hills Road to a general traffic left turn lane onto Moseley Street
- removal of the left slip lane replacing the existing left turn slip lane on the southbound approach along Pennant Hills Road with a dedicated left turn bay.
- road widening on the northern side of Carlingford Road to provide an additional right turn lane westbound on Carlingford Road
- road widening on the western side of Pennant Hills Road to provide three dedicated right lanes from Carlingford Road
- conversion of the existing left turn lane onto Rembrandt Street, to a left and through lane
- extension of the left turn only lane from Carlingford Road onto Pennant Hills Road southbound by 100 metres
- adjustment of existing bus shelters on Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road to suit new kerb alignment
- adjustment of utilities, street lighting, drainage, signage and road marking and footpaths.
Transport for NSW invited the community and stakeholders to provide feedback on the proposed design for the intersection upgrade of Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road, Carlingford between Tuesday 17 May and Sunday 12 June at 5pm. This consultation is now closed.
Transport for NSW will carefully consider all feedback received during the consultation period, and a consultation report will be published later this year on the project webpage. We appreciate your patience during this time.
We will continue to keep the community and stakeholders informed as the proposal progresses by community notifications and updates to the project webpage.
To subscribe to our email distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can receive timely updates and work notifications direct to you email. Your personal details will be stored securely and will only be used to send updates on the proposal.
If you have any questions, or would like more information on the proposed intersection upgrade at Pennant Hills Road and Carlingford Road in Carlingford, please contact our project team by:
Phone: 1800 979 577