The project team is using the recommendations from the submissions report of 2018 to help shape the final design. The submissions report reviewed all community feedback received during the display of the concept design and we have made minor changes to improve safety and amenity.
Key changes include:
- a new roundabout on Illaroo Road at the Fairway Drive intersection to provide safe access to and from the northern foreshore
- improved design of the area at the southern end of the bridge at Scenic Drive to maximise open space
- closure of the intersection of Scenic Drive and Bridge Road to improve pedestrian safety and connectivity
- providing a left turn lane from the Princes Highway into Pleasant Way, following community feedback
- providing signalised pedestrian activated crossings at Illaroo and Bridge Roads to improve pedestrian and cyclist safety.
Urban design and landscape plan
The urban design and landscape plan shows how the new bridge connects with its wider environment. We have considered the existing natural landscape, Nowra's future strategic river and CBD plans and the old Nowra Bridge.