The NSW Government is investing $275 million to improve road safety and reduce congestion on the Nelson Bay Road corridor including duplicating the road from Williamtown to Bob’s Farm and early work at the Nelson Bay Road and Medowie Road intersection and the Nelson Bay Road and Lemon Passage Road intersection.
JUN 2019Stage 2 improvements
Transport for NSW completed an upgrade of the Nelson Bay Road and Medowie Road intersection at Williamtown in June 2019.More information
Construction of the improvements started in February 2019. Port Stephens Council completed the work on behalf of Transport for NSW.
- Provided a left turn lane on the western leg of the roundabout towards Medowie.
- Improved the alignment of the roundabout westbound to improve safety of vehicle movements
- Extended the length of the left hand lane and providing a zip merge lane on the departure of the eastern leg of the roundabout towards Nelson Bay.
- Extended the length of the left hand lane on the departure of the eastern leg of the roundabout towards Nelson Bay.
- Provided off road cycle paths around the roundabout to allow cyclists to traverse the intersection safely.
- Provided footpath and kerb ramps to improve safety for pedestrians.
- Extended the existing culvert to allow road widening on Medowie Road.
For more information about this project contact:
Phone: (02) 4908 7629 (Julian Mehanathan, Project Manager) or (02) 4988 0237 Adam Smith (Port Stephens Council)
Mail: Transport for NSW, Locked Bag 2030 Newcastle NSW 2300.