The Australian and NSW Governments are planning to widen and upgrade Mulgoa Road / Castlereagh Road to support current and future traffic demands and expected growth in the area.
JAN 2021Investigation work on Mulgoa Road and M4 Motorway
Transport for NSW will continue to carry out investigation work along Mulgoa Road, Jeanette Street, Factory Road, Hatchinson Crescent, Huron Place, Peter Court, Warragamba Crescent, Glenbrook Street, Blaikie Road and the M4 ramps.More information
Please view or download the January 2021 notification (PDF, 474Kb).
Transport for NSW consulted with the community in August/September 2018 to provide feedback on the Review of Environmental Factors (REF).
We have now obtained planning approval for the project and prepared a submissions report (PDF, 6.79Mb) to summarise the recommended option and respond to the feedback we received.
The key features of the project include:
- three lanes in each direction
- upgraded intersections – including Mulgoa Road and the M4 Motorway intersection, Mulgoa Road and Wolseley Street intersection, and Mulgoa Road and Blaikie Road intersection
- bus priority lanes at intersections
- a footpath on the western side and landscaping
- shared path on the eastern side.
The key benefits to the community include:
- improving road capacity to cater for population and employment growth
- managing congestion and delays along Mulgoa Road during peak periods
- reducing travel times and transport costs
- improving road safety for all users
- improving active transport.
January 2021 project notification
Investigation work continues on Mulgoa Road and M4 Motorway from Monday 1 February 2021
September 2020 project notification
Investigation work continues on Mulgoa Road and M4 Motorway from Tuesday 15 September 2020
May 2020 project notification
Investigation work continues on Mulgoa Road and M4 Motorway from Sunday 3 May 2020.
March 2020 project notification
Investigation work on Mulgoa Road and M4 Motorway from Monday 23 March 2020.
January 2019 project notification
Early work on Mulgoa Road from 29 January 2019.
December 2018 project notification
Night and day work on Mulgoa Road from 12 December 2018.
August 2018 project notification
Night and day work on Mulgoa Road from 3 September to 29 September 2018.
April 2018 project notification
Night and day work - Mulgoa Road from April to June 2018.
April 2018 project update
Mulgoa Road/Castlereagh Road corridor upgrade consultation report.
Frequently Asked Questions
August 2018 frequently asked questions
Mulgoa Road, Jamisontown upgrade.
You can continue to ask questions of the project on the contact details:
Post: PO Box 973, Parramatta CBD NSW 2124.