The NSW Government is funding this project to ease congestion on the M4 Motorway on ramps and local roads within Erskine Park and St Clair.
APR 2021Community consultation has been completed
The community consultation report has been finalised from the Have Your Say period from late 2020. Transport would like to thank everyone who contributed their feedback to the project. A copy of the report and the close of consultation report is now available in the project documents.
Erskine Park Road is located in St Clair and Erskine Park and connects Roper Road at the overpass of the M4 Motorway. This interchange between the M4 and Erskine Park Road/Roper Road contains only east facing ramps which means motorists travelling west, coming south of the M4 must drive through local, residential streets to join the motorway. This has increased traffic through the local roads, causing traffic congestion and safety issues for pedestrians and cyclists through this area in St Clair.
In 2020, it was announced that a $20 million investment would be committed to develop and deliver a new west facing ramp. This would provide direct access onto the M4 Motorway from traffic travelling north from St Clair. Transport are now working to complete the new ramp in order to have it open and running by late 2022.
The M4 Roper Road westbound on ramp project is an important initiative that will support the ongoing growth and development of the Erskine Park Industrial Area and the Western Sydney International Airport.
This project has been designed to provide the following benefits:
- Reduced travel times between St Clair, Erskine Park and Penrith
- Improved travel reliability for local road users
- Improved connectivity to the M4 Motorway for local road users
- Easing congestion now and preparing for increased traffic demand in the future
- Providing an additional route option to Penrith and the Blue Mountains for the local communities at St Clair and Erskine Park.
- A new west facing ramp from Erskine Park Road onto the M4 Motorway.
- Access to the M4 for traffic travelling in both directions on Roper Road and Erskine Park Road.
- A reconfigured intersection to accommodate the new ramp.
- Ramp meters to provide seamless interaction with the M4 Smart Motorway technology.
- Designed to avoid impacting sensitive native habitat surrounding the project.
Preliminary site investigations
Strategic concept design
Community consultation on concept design and review of environmental factors
Early work underway - we are here
Award major construction contract
Start major construction
Open to traffic
For further information about this project contact the project team
Phone: 1800 842 103
Mail: M4 Roper Road Westbound on ramp project PO box 973, Parramatta 2150