The NSW Government is working to ease congestion, increase safety and improve the intersection at King Georges Road and Connells Point Road, South Hurstville.
MAR 2021Community feedback
In October 2020, Transport for NSW (Transport) invited feedback from the community on proposed improvements to the intersection of King Georges Road and Connells Point Road, South Hurstville. View the latest project update (PDF, 414Kb).More information
Transport has summarised all the feedback and responses in a Consultation Report which we encourage the community to view the consultation report (PDF, 1.2Mb).
Key matters raised by the community included:
- the proposed changes to Connells Point Road west of King Georges Road
- the loss of parking for residents and local businesses.
We thank everyone who provided feedback.
For the latest information on all projects on King Georges Road as they continue to progress, subscribe to our project updates.
After considering the community feedback received, we have decided to make the following changes:
King Georges Road
- widening will be between Connells Point Road and Culwulla Street/William Street to avoid high cost utility and property changes
- we will investigate opportunities to provide parking on the Service Road.
Connells Point Road west
- removal of the proposed roundabout at Connells Point Road/The Mall
- upgrade the pedestrian refuge for improved safety
- consolidating bus stop 2221133 and 2221153, with the consolidated bus stop located about 50m west of the current location of bus stop 2221153
- extending the right turn lane by about 40m.
Connells Point Road east
- the proposed parking removal and extension of the right turn bay is not proceeding while additional investigation work and consultation with council and local stakeholders is carried out
- subject to the outcome of investigations and consultation, we may progress a proposal at this location and will consult with the community at the time.
For more information contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 943 033 (during business hours)