Transport for NSW is currently developing the Heathcote Road corridor strategy.
Transport for NSW is delivering $291 million worth of improvements along the Heathcote Road corridor. This includes widening the road between Holsworthy and Voyager Point, widening the lanes and shoulders on the bridge over Woronora River and planning for duplicating Heathcote Road between Voyager Point and Engadine.
We have also taken other actions to improve safety and traffic flow:
- Speed limit reduction from 100km/h to 90km/h between The Avenue, Pleasure Point and New Illawarra Road, Lucas Heights
- Princes Highway and New Illawarra Road intersection upgrades completed
- Replaced and widened bridge and added shoulders for both directions across Deadman’s Creek at Sandy Point
- Audio tactile lines installed along the entire length of Heathcote Road between Princes Highway and Macarthur Drive
Please read the Heathcote Road factsheet (PDF, 805Kb) for information about the NSW Government funding to plan for the duplication of Heathcote Road as well as other current and ongoing transport projects on the Heathcote Road corridor.
Transport for NSW work to plan for the duplicating of Heathcote Road will include:
Detailed geotechnical investigations:
- Traffic modelling
- Cultural and heritage checks
- Feasibility studies
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic design and staging options
- The Heathcote Road upgrade from Holsworthy to The Avenue at Voyager Point
- Heathcote Road intersection improvements at the Princes Highway Engadine and New Illawarra Road Lucas Heights
- Heathcote Road bridge widening project
Contact us details are:
Phone: 1800 161 342