Transport for NSW is currently developing the Heathcote Road corridor strategy.
The Heathcote Road corridor strategy will cover the transport needs of the corridor, including maintaining safe and stable traffic flow in urban centres along the corridor and managing the effects of peak traffic.
The strategy will set out the NSW Government’s long-term plan for Heathcote Road in order to manage and guide improvements to safety, traffic efficiency and sustainability.
Please read the Heathcote Road factsheet (PDF, 364Kb) for current and ongoing transport projects on the Heathcote Road corridor.
The corridor strategy will manage Heathcote Road and maximising benefits for customers by:
- identifying the existing and anticipated performance of Heathcote Road
- developing a long term vision for the road corridor
- determining priorities for the road network
- developing strategies to address these over the longer term.
Corridor strategies are developed to align with:
- the NSW Long Term Transport Master Plan
- Regional transport plans
- Freight and ports strategy
- Road safety strategy.
- The Heathcote Road upgrade from Holsworthy to The Avenue at Voyager Point
- Heathcote Road intersection improvements at the Princes Highway Engadine and New Illawarra Road Lucas Heights
- Heathcote Road bridge widening project
Contact us details are:
Phone: 1800 161 342