The Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight officially opened the $95 million Old Wallgrove Road Upgrade between Lenore Drive and Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek.
The NSW Government funded this upgrade to provide a vital east-west link connection for the Western Sydney Employment Area.
The Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight, Melinda Pavey officially opened the upgraded Old Wallgrove Road between Lenore Drive and Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek, on Wednesday 12 April, 2017.
The Western Sydney Employment Area is located near the intersection of the M4 and M7 Motorways and is expected to provide more than 2200 hectares of accessible and diverse employment land supporting 40,000 jobs. The area provides well-located, accessible and diverse employment land to support manufacturing, transport and logistics activities. The area comprises existing land at Greystanes, Huntingwood, Eastern Creek and Erskine Park and newly released land at Ropes Creek and Horsley Park. The Minister for Planning approved the concept plan for the Erskine Park Link Road Network on 11 August 2009.
This 1.5 kilometre upgrade of Old Wallgrove Road provides a vital east-west link connection for the Western Sydney Employment Area.
The key features of the project include:
- Widening to two lanes in each direction between Roberts Road and Southridge Street with a central median to allow for three lanes in the future
- Widening to three lanes in each direction between Southridge Street and the M7 Motorway and Wallgrove Road interchanges
- Building a 400 metre link road with two lanes in each direction from Quarry Road to connect to Wallgrove Road and the northbound on and off ramps to the M7
- Providing bus stops near each intersection on Old Wallgrove Road and installing traffic lights that give priority to buses
- Providing a shared path for pedestrians and cyclists from the Erskine Park Link Road to the shared pathway on the M7 Motorway
- Upgrading intersections to help reduce congestion during peak periods.
Key benefits to the community include:
- A vital east-west link connection for the Western Sydney Employment Area
- Improved access to the M4 and M7 Motorways
- Increased road capacity
- Improved safety for motorists with a central median to separate opposing traffic flows
- More reliable travel times when future development occurs
- Improved access and safety for pedestrians and cyclists through an off-road shared path.
Community involvement informed the design and environmental assessment. Our response to community submissions can be found in our project documents section below.
September 2017 project notitication
Night work on Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek and M7 Motorway ramps from Wednesday, 4 October 2017.
February 2017 project notification
Weekend and night work on Roberts Road, Eastern Creek, from Friday 24 February 2017.
September 2016 project notification
Night work and weekend work on Old Wallgrove Road from 23 September 2016.
July 2016 project notification
Traffic switch and night work on Old Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek from Monday 18 July 2016.
November 2015 project notification
Lane closure on Old Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek, from Saturday 21 November and night work on Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek, from Monday 30 November.
October 2015 project notification
Night work on Wallgrove Road and Old Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek from Monday 12 October 2015.
November 2014 project notification
Vegetation removal and night work on Old Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek between Roberts Road and the M7.
Letters to householders
August 2014 letter to householders
Construction contract awarded for Old Wallgrove Road upgrade, Eastern Creek.
Review of Environmental Factors
May 2013 submissions report
Old Wallgrove Road Submissions Report.
October 2012 review of environmental factors
Appendices A -D
A: Condiseration of clause 228(2) factors, matters of national environmental significance and consistency with the Part 3A concept plan approval, B: Design drawings. C: Drawings
Appendix E - Part 1
Appendix E - Aboriginal heritage assessment - part 1.
Appendix E - Part 2
Appendix E - Aboriginal heritage assessment - part 2.
Appendix F - Part 1
Appendix F - Traffic assessment - part 1.
Appendix F - Part 2
Appendix F - Traffic assessment - part 2.
Appendix G - Stakeholder and government agency correspondence.
Appendix H - Biodiversity assessment.
Appendix I - Urban design, landscape character and visual impact assessment.
For further information please contact Daracon Contractors:
Phone: 1800 832 022 (John Rossi)