The NSW Government is funding a new bus layover facility at Blacktown as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, which aims to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services, while easing congestion for all road users.
OCT 2021Have your say
Transport for NSW is seeking feedback on the proposal for a new bus layover facility to the east of Sunnyholt Road along the North-West Transitway between Sackville Street and Gordon Street at Blacktown where drivers can park buses between trips.More information
If you require further information or wish to submit feedback, please contact the project team on 1800 719 649, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your submission to Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, PO Box 973, Parramatta, NSW 2124 by 2 November 2021. Find out more in the October 2021 project notification (PDF, 536Kb).
The NSW Government is funding a new bus layover facility in Blacktown area as part of the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, which aims to improve the reliability and efficiency of bus services in the area.
The bus interchange at Blacktown Train station has exceeded its capacity and requires an additional bus layover to cater for the growing number of buses servicing this area. Our proposal will provide additional holding capacity for 11 buses to support the bus interchange at the station by constructing a new bus layover facility.
The proposed bus layover is located 1 km to the northeast of Blacktown Train Station at the intersection of Sunnyholt Road and Gordon Street.
- A 12m wide surfaced bus layover area with 3.5m wide bus bays on either side. The bus layover area will have the capacity to hold 11 buses with a five‑metre-wide central travel lane. Buses would enter from the North-West Transitway and exit into Gordon Street.
- The layover will not have any bus stops and hence will not be accessible to the public.
- A single-level driver’s facility building which includes a lunchroom and toilet block.
- Footpath on the eastern side of the layover facility for bus drivers to walk safely to the dedicated drivers’ facility and toilet block.
- Retaining wall, landscaping and drainage.
- Existing noise wall will be retained and will be modified only if necessary.
- Provides additional bus holding capacity to support the nearby bus interchange at Blacktown Train Station.
- Additional facilities for drivers to take a break between the trips.
- Contribute to on-time running and efficient operation of bus services in the area.
We are currently seeking community feedback on the Bus Layover project at Sunnyholt Road and Gordon Street, Blacktown. Submissions close on 2 November 2021.
After the consultation closes, we will carefully consider all feedback received before deciding on the proposal. We will share with the community what we have learned from this consultation and will keep the community informed as the proposal progresses.
For further information, please contact our project team:
Phone: 1800 719 649
Mail: Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, PO Box 973, Parramatta, NSW 2124