Inflatable lifejacket self-service clinics
Servicing your inflatable lifejacket is a legal requirement in NSW. Transport for NSW (Maritime) offers step-by-step instructions on how to do it yourself.
About our clinics
Inflatable lifejackets require extra care and attention to ensure they will inflate in an emergency.
Most inflatable lifejackets can be self-serviced, depending on the manufacturer's guidelines.
Our boating educators run free clinics to promote awareness of inflatable lifejacket servicing requirements, including step-by-step instructions on how to self-service your lifejacket.
The clinics are run as part of the NSW Government's 'Wear a Lifejacket' campaign, and in line with the Maritime Safety Plan.
Importance of servicing your lifejacket
Lifejackets are vital for your safety when you're out boating.
In NSW you must service your inflatable lifejacket every year - or in line with the manufacturer's advice.
Most manufacturers specify routine checks and maintenance schedules for keeping your lifejacket in good condition.
Penalties may apply if you fail to service your lifejacket as required.
Online video tutorial
Watch one of our lifejacket clinic livestreams on how to self-service your inflatable lifejacket.
Face to face workshops
Inflatable lifejackets must be serviced at regular intervals to ensure they will work in an emergency.
Register to attend one of our Inflatable lifejacket self-service clinics where a Transport for NSW Boating Education Officer will demonstrate inflatable lifejacket servicing requirements, and provide step-by-step instruction on the self-servicing process.
Registered participants are eligible to receive free replacement parts for their inflatable lifejacket, or a $15 discount voucher that can be used towards the purchase of an inflatable lifejacket or self-service parts at a retail partner listed below.
Each clinic is delivered under a Transport for NSW COVIDSafe Plan and follows current NSW Health safety guidelines and capacity limits.
|Friday 12 March||Hanging Rock Boat Ramp, Batemans Bay||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Saturday 13 March||Callala Bay Boat Ramp, Watt Street, Callala Bay||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Sunday, 14 March||Skiway Park Boat Ramp, Oak Flats||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Friday 19 March||Fishery Creek Boat Ramp, Ballina||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Saturday 20 March||Coffs Harbour Boat Ramp, Coffs Harbour||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Sunday 21 March||Forster Boat Ramp, Forster||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Friday 26 March||Little Beach Boat Ramp, Nelson Bay||10am, 11am, 12pm, 1:30pm||Register here|
|Saturday 27 March||Blacksmiths Boat Ramp, Blacksmiths||10am, 11am, 12pm, 1:30pm||Register here|
|Sunday 28 March||Deerubbin Reserve Boat Ramp, Mooney Mooney||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Saturday 3 April||Adaminaby Easter Fair, Adaminaby||Find out more information|
|Sunday 4 April||Widows Inlet Boat Ramp, Jindabyne||10am, 11am, 12pm, 1:30pm||Register here|
|Saturday 10 to Sunday 11 April||Sailfest Newcastle Regatta, Newcastle||Find out more information|
|Friday 30 April||Rowlands Reserve Boat Ramp, Bayview||10am, 11am, 12pm, 1:30pm||Register here|
|Saturday 1 May||Tunks Park Boat Ramp, Cammeray||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
|Sunday 2 May||Kyeemagh Boat Ramp Reserve, Kyeemagh||10am, 11am, 12pm||Register here|
- Attendees are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of their session at the registration table to check in.
- Attendees are required to bring their own lifejacket to participate.
- Limit of one voucher per registered participant. Vouchers are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of issue.
- Should any clinic be cancelled or registered participants do not attend the scheduled session, no discount vouchers will be issued.
- All attendees are to follow NSW Government COVID-19 safety guidelines and instruction given by staff to adhere to the events COVIDSafe Plan.
- BCF – throughout NSW
- C-Kayak Australia – Greater Sydney and Newcastle
- Coffs Harbour Marine – Coffs Harbour
- Complete Angler and Camping Outdoors – Gregory Hills
- Disco Marine – Grafton
- Fraser Marine – Eden
- Hastings Marine – Port Macquarie
- Maclean Outdoors – Maclean
- Manning River Marine - Taree
- North Coast Boating Centre – Urunga
- Ottos Tackle World – Drummoyne
- Riverina Marine Centre – Wagga Wagga
- Sturrocks of Sydney – Rushcutters Bay, Sydney
- Sussex Marine – Sussex Inlet
Would you like to participate as a retail partner in our inflatable lifejacket self-service clinic program? Contact us to register your interest.