Domestic leases relate to boating facilities that front residential waterfront properties, such as jetties, ramps, pontoons, tidal baths, slipways, steps, landing platforms and boatsheds.
Rent for domestic leases
Rents for domestic leases are calculated on a rate per square metre of occupation. These wetland rates are subject to review annually to reflect the latest statutory land values.
Precinct map and wetland rates
Rate of return
Transport for NSW has clarified its policies regarding both the removal of structures from and existing use rights attached to its land.
Subject to the following points, existing use rights will be retained for all current domestic waterfront structures unless specifically relinquished by Transport for NSW.
In general, structures will only be required to be removed if:
- They do not have development approval
- They are in such disrepair as to pose a danger and the lessee has refused reasonable requests to remedy the problem
- The lease is to be terminated after consistent breaches of lease terms (eg persistent non-payment of rent or failing to maintain the structures)
- An incoming purchaser declines to lease the current structures
- Removal is necessary to achieve a long-term strategic objective of the NSW Government.
Concessions and hardship relief
Transport for NSW provides a range of services to the boating community, including recreational and commercial boating services and licences, and the administration of domestic and commercial waterfront leases. Concessions and/or hardship relief options are presently available for:
- The purchase of specific recreational boating products
- Rental payments associated with Transport for NSW domestic waterfront leases.
Quarterly and half-yearly payments
If you wish to pay your rental on a quarterly or half-yearly basis contact us.
For more information please contact us.
Domestic lease example template
View or download an example of a domestic lease.
Policies and procedures
For details of applicable policies and information guides for Domstic Leases view our Policies and Procedures page.