Crowdy Head Boat Harbour Upgrade
The NSW Government is delivering major improvements to maritime infrastructure and facilities statewide, to help the boating and wider community safely access, use and navigate our inland and coastal waters.
JUL 2022Have your say
We would like to thank the community for attending the recent information sessions in Crowdy Head and Harrington in June. For providing their valuable feedback on the project proposal as part of the “Have your Say” process which closed 15 July.
The project team will now take time to carefully consider your feedback and will develop a consultation summary report. We will notify you when this is available.
In December 2020, the NSW Government announced $2 million of maritime stimulus funding to replace the Crowdy Head Boat Harbour jetty.
Crowdy Head Boat Harbour is an important harbour on the mid north coast for boat users, as it is a safe and accessible harbour with no river mouth or coastal bars to cross.
The existing infrastructure in the harbour is nearing the end of its useful life and is in need of some major maintenance or should be replaced.
The objective of the project is to improve safety and accessibility for users of the harbour by upgrading the main harbour jetty (Jetty 1) and removing the decommissioned jetty (Jetty 2).
The proposal and REF will consider the following:
- Removal of the concrete Jetty 1 structure and replacement with a new floating pontoon structure
- The new Jetty 1 will provide 18 vessel berths serviced with individual water and electricity supply. The concept design accommodates various vessel sizes and includes one temporary or short-term berth to be used for overnight stays or distressed vessels
- Removal of the already decommissioned Jetty 2
- Dredging of the harbour to improve navigation and clearance depth for vessels.
Image of the concept design for Crowdy head Boat Harbour Infrastructure Upgrade.
We are currently reviewing the feedback received as part of the Have your say process. A consultation summary report is being developed which will look at the comments and issues raised during this period. We will update you when this document is available.
- Publishing the consultation summary report
- Submitting the final Review of Environmental Factors (REF) with any changes from the feedback period.
- Seeking project approval to proceed
- Seeking tenders for the work
We are seeking your feedback on the Crowdy Head Boat Harbour Upgrade concept design. The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) will be available soon.
We have extended the have your say submissions period to 15 July as a result of the pending REF.
To submit your feedback you can:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or phone 1800 973 343
- Or post to Crowdy Head Boat Harbour upgrade
Transport for NSW, Maritime Branch
33 James Craig Road
Rozelle NSW 2039
You can also come and meet the project team, ask questions or provide your feedback at the following locations.
- Wednesday 22 June at the Crowdy Head Surf Life Saving Club between 1pm and 6pm
- Thursday 23 June at the Harrington Memorial Hall, between 1am and 6pm
To view, the refined concept design download the June 2022 community update for all the project details.
For more information contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 973 343