Marine Pollution from boats
Maritime’s responsibilities include specific functions under the marine legislationincluding certain provisions in the Protection of the Environment Operations (POEO) Act and the Marine Pollution Act which now applies to recreational boating as well as Domestic Commercial Vessels. Find what you’re looking for below.
- Go to the Marine Pollution Act (MPA) page
- Go to the POEO Notices and determinations
- Go to the Oil and chemical spill response page
- Go to the Garbage from vessels page
- Go to the Waste and sewage page
- Go to the Pump-out facilities and locations page
- Go to the Sewage prevention for DCVs page
- Leave only water in your wake - This page provides advice on how to enjoy the experience of boating, while ensuring you help safeguard the quality of the waterway environment.
- Reporting water pollution - This page provides information on why it’s important to report pollution and who you should contact when you see it.