What we do
Enabling safe and efficient journeys throughout NSW.
Roads and Maritime Services is a NSW government agency established on 1 November 2011 under s.46 of the Transport Administration Act 1988.
Roads and Maritime is an operating agency within the Transport cluster. Transport for NSW is at the centre of the Transport cluster with responsibility for setting the strategic direction and guiding an extended network of public and private service delivery agencies to provide improved transport outcomes.
Roads and Maritime is the operating agency delivering value for our customers and the community through safe, efficient and quality road and maritime networks as part of the transport system.
Our key priorities include:
- Plan, design, build, maintain and operate safe and secure networks to meet customer needs and improve overall satisfaction
- Deliver regulatory services to promote and improve customer safety
- Keep customers informed about our activities, minimise network disruptions and enable efficient reliable journeys
- Deliver value at every stage of network development.
- Respectfully engage communities at all stages of our work
- Embed sustainability and minimise the environmental impact of our activities
- Maintain the credibility and reputation of our organisation
- Collaborate across government to support safe and secure special events
- Integrate network planning with broader land use and transport planning (via regional, district, growth area and precinct plans)
- Integrate networks with the broader transport system including major infrastructure projects in metropolitan and regional NSW
- Deliver projects to support growth centres and priority precinct activation and contribute to delivery of the Greater Sydney District Plans
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace
- Develop people, innovative technology, systems and processes to support delivery
- Inform, integrate and enable Transport for NSW strategy, policy and plans
- Operate within our budgets and make the right network investments at the right time
- Build a diverse and inclusive organisation to better reflect the community
- Ensure clear governance and accountability for decision making across the organisation.
We deliver projects and programs to reliably and safely improve the movement of people and goods by various transport modes, including through the road and freight network, NSW waterways, the public transport network and active transport such as cycling and pedestrian networks.
Our operating model
The Roads and Maritime OneRMS operating model places our customers at the centre of everything we do and ensures we have clear accountabilities and deliver value for every dollar that we spend.
Our structure is made up of five customer divisions (Regional and Freight, Sydney, Motorways, Maritime and Compliance and Regulatory Services) and four support divisions (Technical and Project Services, Finance and Investment, Business Services and Stakeholder and Community Engagement).
To enable safe and efficient journeys by:
- Managing the road network and optimising travel times
- Providing capacity and maintenance solutions for road and maritime infrastructure
- Educating and licensing drivers and vessel operators, and registering and inspecting vehicles and vessels
- Improving road and maritime safety.
Our vision is to be the leader in the management and delivery of safe, efficient and high quality services and infrastructure to the community and businesses of NSW.
Our vision is supported by three focus areas:
- Customer focus
- Efficiency and effectiveness, and
- Impact and reputation.
Our values underpin every decision we make and our behaviour when working with customers, colleagues, stakeholders and partners.
- Customer focus - We place the customer at the centre of everything we do. Read our Customer Charter
- Collaboration - We value each other and create better outcomes by working together
- Solutions - We deliver sustainable and innovative solutions to NSW’s transport needs
- Integrity - We take responsibility and communicate openly
- Safety - We prioritise safety for our people and our customers.
Roads and Maritime provides a range of services to customers such as vehicle and vessel registration and licensing, supplying up-to-date and accurate travel time information, and delivering traffic alerts and updates. Roads and Maritime strives to engage with customers and the community to understand their needs and consider these when making decisions.
Our core services include:
- Build and maintain infrastructure
- Provide licence and registration services
- Manage compliance to rules and regulations
- Provide safety management services
- Deliver traffic management services
- Deliver environmental solutions
- Manage tolling services
- Regulate users of roads and waterways
Roads and Maritime Services has a vast range of customers, including individuals, private organisations, community and road transport groups, local councils and State and Federal Government agencies.
As of 30 June 2013, there were 5.06 million drivers and 5.84 million NSW registered vehicles. In 2012-13 Roads and Maritime managed approximately 25 million motor vehicle transactions and 661,784 marine safety transactions.
Read our Customer Charter.
The network that Roads and Maritime Services manages includes:
- 18,036km of State roads, including 4,317km of National Road Network, for which the Australian Government provides a funding contribution, and 147km of privately-funded toll roads
- 2,970km of regional and local roads in the unincorporated area of NSW.
- 5,287 bridges, major culverts and 22 tunnels
- 3,945 traffic signal sites and approximately 12,000 other traffic facilities, systems and corridor assets
- 2,137km of coastline and 32,242km2 of navigable waterways
- 47 commuter wharves
- 3463 maritime aids to navigation.
Browse our range of available statistics.