Geotechnical investigations in Blackheath and Mount Victoria
15 December 2020
Motorists are advised of changed traffic conditions tomorrow for geotechnical investigations in Blackheath and Mount Victoria.
The preliminary investigations will explore potential bore hole sites to further inform the Great Western Highway Upgrade Program, including tunnel options for Blackheath and Mount Victoria.
The work locations are:
- Evans Lookout Road, Blackheath
- Hat Hill Road, Blackheath
- The vicinity of the Heavy Vehicle Safety Station on the western side of the Great Western Highway, Mount Boyce
- The Explorers Gateway to the West, Mount Victoria
- Victoria Falls Road, Mount Victoria
- Montgomery Street, Mount Victoria
- Matlock Street, Mount Victoria
- Base of Mount Victoria Pass, Little Hartley
The planned investigations will be carried out between 9am and 3pm, and are expected to take one day to complete, weather permitting.
Motorists are advised to drive to the conditions, and follow the directions of signs and traffic control.
Transport for NSW thanks motorists for their patience during this time.
For the latest traffic updates download the Live Traffic NSW App, visit the Live Traffic NSW website or call 132 701.