Extra COVID testing sites to support freight
19 August 2021
Two additional freight-friendly pop-up testing sites are opening along key regional freight routes to support the industry and keep drivers COVIDSafe.
Minister for Regional Transport and Roads Paul Toole said a pop-up site opening in Yass tomorrow and in Ballina on Monday were in addition to the six sites already set up across the state to make it easier for heavy vehicle drivers to get tested.
“The freight industry has stepped up during the challenging Delta outbreak and the NSW Government is doing all we can to keep freight moving and help drivers meet increased mandatory testing requirements across multiple jurisdictions,” Mr Toole said.
“Having seen unprecedented demand on our existing freight testing sites over the past few months, we’re rolling out the additional two sites on parts of the network where we see a high volume of interstate freight movements.
“The new sites, which will be supported by onsite pathology staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week, will make it easier for heavy vehicle drivers to get tested and get back on the road.
“We will continue working closely with industry to investigate more options for sites across the state that maximise accessibility for heavy vehicle drivers on their journeys and around key freight hubs.”
The NSW Government is continuing to work with the freight industry to ensure the safe movement and supply of goods to communities, and to support freight workers making those journeys.
To find out more, visit: Transport for NSW response to COVID-19 for the freight industry.
Freight testing locations
- Opening 7am Monday, 23 August - Ballina BP Travel Centre, 41 Bruxner Highway, off the Pacific HighwayAssisted testing by pathology staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Opening 7am Friday, 20 August - Yass Ampol Service Centre, 1715 Yass Valley Way, off the Hume HighwayAssisted testing by pathology staff 24hours a day, 7 days a week
- 250 Victoria Street, Wetherill Park Sydney
- Taree Service Centre, Pacific Highway
- Narrabarba rest area, Princes Highway
- Forbes Caltex Service Centre, Newell Highway
- Narrandera Roadhouse, Newell Highway
- Tarcutta truck change-over yard, Sydney Street, off Hume Highway