Motorists are urged to plan ahead to minimise traffic delays during the Queen’s Birthday June long weekend.
The Queen’s Birthday June long weekend is also the start of the Australian snow skiing season and traditionally sees an increase in customers travelling to the NSW Alpine Region.
More information about travelling to the Snowy Mountains, including tips for driving safely in the snow, are available on our website.
Great Western Highway
The Great Western Highway through the Blue Mountains can experience significant congestion during long weekends, school holidays and other special events.
Transport for NSW is working to help manage this congestion to minimise your travel delays and keep everyone safe on their journey through the mountains.
Learn more about how we manage congestion through the Blue Mountains.
Tips for a safe journey
- Tips to avoid driving tired visit the Centre for Road Safety website.
- Car maintenance tips and advice visit the NRMA website.
- Rest areas in NSW visit the Rest areas page.
- NSW TrainLink bookings.
- NSW SES
- Great Western Highway traffic congestion management
- Driving in the Snowy Mountains.
View or download
|Stay safe on the road this long weekend - 10 June 2021||55.6Kb|