Weed management and pesticide use
Roads and Maritime Services’ Pesticide Use Notification Plan outlines how we will notify the community of pesticide applications made to public places. This is a requirement of the NSW Pesticides Regulation 2009.
Pesticide use notification plan
This statewide plan covers all pesticides used by or on behalf of Roads and Maritime and describes:
- What public places are covered by the Plan
- Who regularly uses these public places and an estimate of the level of use
- How and when the community will be informed about pesticide applications in public places (i.e. what notification arrangements will be used)
- How the community can access this Plan and get more information
- Contact details for anyone wanting more information on the Plan.
Notification of pesticide application
In accordance with the Plan, Roads and Maritime will display signs during the application of pesticides to notify the public that pesticide application is in progress. The signs will provide a contact number that you can call for further information about the pesticides that are being applied, or, you can call the appropriate contact for your area as detailed in the “Contacts for Roads and Maritime Pesticide Applications” list.
In addition to signage at the time of application, the Roads and Maritime Service's Forward Pesticide Application Program will provide up to date information of when and where Roads and Maritime will be applying any pesticides to public places which are not included in the Roads and Maritime Approved Pesticides List.
View or download