Working with us
Transport for NSW aims to be the leader in the management and delivery of safe, efficient and high quality services and infrastructure to the community and businesses of NSW. We are committed to our team members, to customer service and to the community.
Take your career to new heights
It's an exciting time to join Transport for NSW as we undergo significant transformation to ensure we meet the changing needs of our customers in delivering safe and efficient journeys throughout NSW.
The future direction is based on:
- Building infrastructure
- Journey management and network efficiency
- Maintaining infrastructure and assets
Our workforce is as diverse as the operations and services we undertake.
When you join Transport for NSW you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that will offer you generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
A career with Transport for NSW will give you the chance to work on history-making projects, making a real difference to the communities and businesses of NSW.
If you’re passionate about customer focused service delivery, we can help you take your career to new heights.
What we offer
- Work on history-making projects - We offer our employees the chance to work on projects that make a real difference to the lives of people in NSW.
- Variety and challenge - Employees can work on different projects in different settings across NSW.
- Flexibility – We understand that you’ve got a life beyond the workplace. To get your work/life balance right, we offer flexible options for structuring your working week.
- Community focused - Our staff work in local communities developing local solutions for local needs.
- Strong values – Roads and Maritime has a powerful and ethical set of values that guides all the workplace behaviour of our employees.
- Opportunities to achieve
- Nurturing leaders
- Performance planning
- Internal mentoring and coaching
- Financial support for study
- Job rotations and secondments
- Roads and Maritime online learning centre
- Development programs
Who we are looking for
Transport for NSW aims to be the leader in the management and delivery of safe, efficient and high quality services and infrastructure to the community and businesses of NSW.
To achieve this, we require employees from many different professions and trades, with a broad range of skills. We want people with a positive attitude, who want to make a real difference for communities and businesses across NSW.
Transport for NSW offers challenging and rewarding career opportunities for experienced and skilled people to work in the following fields:
- Professionals and technical staff
- Technicians and trades
- Public policy, marketing and communications
- Human resources, Information technology, law, accounting & financial skills
- Customer service
- Office support and administration
- Road maintenance and construction
- School crossing supervisors
We are looking for people at all stages of their careers.
We offer recent graduates, vocational education and training students and university students the opportunity to be part of Transport for NSW’s extensive Talent Programs. These provide Graduate, Cadet and Scholar positions across a range of different disciplines, from engineering to business. Find out more information about Graduate, Cadet and Scholar positions.
View our current employment vacancies.
*NOTE: Transport for NSW does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. If you are interested in working for us, you will need to apply for positions as they are advertised. You can also set up a job alert so that you are notified of future vacancies as they become available.